A Mother in Festerwood A Mother in Festerwood

I see this "game" being treated incorrectly as one

Back when NG was a few years old, Flash meant nothing but simple, unadulterated entertainment with a clear objective. You could jump in at the game with no thought and derive an experience from it.

But like a child, Flashes on NG have "grown up". Usages of Flash has expanded like the options you have as you grow up and frankly, sometimes these options and applications have become seemingly unclear, pointless, dull, and unrewarding.

"Why is this flash intentionally restrictive? Why does this flash have such quaint objectives? What the hell is this flash for?!" Is this flash supposed to give you goodie action fun?! No. You can't derive an experience from this game unless you PONDER. You'll likely fail to get a direct experience from this game unless you've experienced what it's trying to explain in real life.

When you open one of these flashes, don't immediately treat it like a pewpew action fun adventure videogame. Flash wasn't built to just do those things. Flash was built as a way to display things. This includes feelings, morals, and ideas. Ignore the impediments and look at the flash like a damn poem.

Being a "rebellious teenager" with a slight thing for overanalyzing, I'll divulge on what I "learned" from this. What's your kiddo doing? He's rebelling against you. He wants out. What you're feeling for that dumb, rebellious kid is something akin to parenthood. Except the motivation here probably isn't for your kiddo to live a happy, long life, but to rack you achievements. Empty nest sure feels bad, eh?

I don't care if you hate on me, just take the time to read this and reconsider. I'm probably missing some things to say, but eh. Whatever.

Pixel Legions Pixel Legions

Verily Excellent

The lack of customization and preparations required for a good experience make this game outstanding. You can just jump at it and play. No assembly required other than a little instructions here and there.

The user interface is smooth, hell, I was eating a microwave MRE while playing successfully with this game. The use of coloration and sizes to determine factors and variables helped with the minimalistic feel the game has.

Bravo, bravo. Clap clappity clap.

Revert to Growth Revert to Growth

Extremely well done

The graphical portion is extremely eye catching. The partical effects especially. and the gameplay is just as decent. The idea of altering the map around you slightly to progress is very good. This to me deserves more than a daily third.

AethosGames responds:

I agree, but sadly, NG will never think of games as highly as badly animated animations with humor.

Momentum Missile Mayhem 4 Momentum Missile Mayhem 4

Fanfucktastic

FOR THE AUTHOR
The difficulty is perfect for me. I know others won't find it so. The idea of the ability to maneuver the launcher pit is a radical idea and also lovely challenge.

The new method of deploying special attacks allows for pinpoint accurate disarray. The change is a welcome one.

I beat the game with only unexpected, unique problems, not repetitive ones.

And now for many tips so that frustrated players can see the light on this game.

You should get energy upgrades, additional balls, and enhanced firing speed as soon as possible. Speed upgrades, maneuverability upgrades, and shield are also good choices. I find no use in having the ball catcher.

The best way to deal with enemies is to move around finding vantage points, shooting balls, trying to make them collide with as many other enemies as you can or into the wall. As soon as a ball is available for launch, you should fire it off.

Save your implosion and nuke for moments when there are clusters of large vehicles. The shockwave is used best to divert single large vehicles into other enemies, or to prevent a large enemy from escaping through the portal.

When you get to the part where enemies catch your common balls, collide into them to prevent them from getting into the portal. Strike at them with red, yellow, or antimatter balls. Direct other enemies with your blue balls into the enemy catchers.

Target any nuclear vans if you see them and you can disrupt their path. Colliding into them means an instantaneous death.

Oh, and here's an important one. USE YOUR GODDAMN OVERDRIVE AND PHASE SHIFT. THEY WILL SAVE YOUR ASS IF YOU USE THEM PROPERLY. Use them the second your shields turn red, or you've utterly exhausted your energy.

Fig. 8 Fig. 8

Marvellous, with only small flaws

The graphical style caught my eye. Controls are very smooth, the scoring system was innovative. The audio was finely done, the lack of repetitive sound as well as a perfectly-sized spectrum of songs never made me feel like muting it. The theme it ran along is just beautiful.

Albeit, this game is ever so slightly flawed.

The camera is quite hard to keep up with, and it usually pressures me to the point of crashing into an obstacle. I suggest keeping the pace more steady.

Another thing that bugged me was the way you had to save. Circling seems pointless when you can just run over it to initiate a progress save. Once in a while, it fails to register a full cycle, the gnarly camera engulfs me, and I'm damned to repeat the same thing over again.

But despite those two things, this is definitely going in my favorites.

Lastman Lastman

Impossible for me, but certainly possible

This game is just fucking funny. And I mean Phalanx funny mode funny.

I find absolutely no problems in your design. Hitboxes were working the way they should be (the crabs' pincers are meant to hurt), the controls were completely responsive (difficulty-depraved twats don't know that you can't accelerate in midair), and the Ads give you some time to go take a piss or drink or whatever.

In general, the downvoters (in general) are just people who can't beat Ghouls n' Goblins or UN Squadron on gamer difficulty.

This game is definitely a jewel. A solid, strong diamond that nearly nobody can break.

Lamarr Is Going Home Lamarr Is Going Home

My favourite headcrab

The lovely pixel art was all that I needed to see to just continue playing the game.

This game's just adorable, no matter how frustrating it is.

Gray Gray

Disturbing art

The deep sense created by a simple, single change shook me.

The moral was cutting, bone chilling, and worst of all, disturbingly true.

There is nothing to improve. The piece is flawless.

Sonny 2 Sonny 2

Groundbreaking

I didn't really care about the great graphics and etc, even though they're as stunning. The story was deep. It was savory. It was enormous (so many possibilities to choose from), and had some replay value.

Fox Fyre Fox Fyre

Subtle

This is beautiful graphics, simple but great gameplay, and short but sweet storyline welded together in a perfect, airtight seam.

Beautifully executed.